On behalf of the Pi Kappa Alpha International Fraternity, we’re glad you’re here—and can’t wait to see what you think.
When using our discussion boards, and when you’re composing that insightful content, remember—we want to keep our PG rating. Avoid words too saucy for your grandmother. Unless you have a more saucy sort of grandmother. In that case, when you type a reply, imagine you’re saying it to the person’s face. If you can’t play nicely, we’ll take your ball and send you home. Or at the very least, delete the offending post. Repeat offenders may be banned. Should we be more specific?
- Be polite. It never hurts to be nice, and you’ll be much more likely to get a useful response when you’re civil.
- Be genuine. You can use your real name or a comfortable pseudonym—just act like yourself. Don’t hate or imitate.
- Have fun. Put on your comfy pants, and make yourself at home.
- Think, then speak. We like people who are curious, eager, and creative. Have a comment? Got a question? Post it. Someone else is wondering the very same thing.
- Consider Godwin’s Law in effect. First to violate it loses, and the conversation is over.
You should not:
- Use inappropriate language or provide links/trackbacks to obscene or inappropriate content. This includes using obscenities as well as being just plain mean.
- Defame an individual or group, or violate any trademarks or copyrighted material.
- Upload or link to viruses or other malicious code.
- Encourage or advocate illegal activity or propose illegal activity.
- Violate the privacy of others.
- Promote commercial services or products.
- Feed the trolls. It only encourages them.
These don’t cover every possible naughty (or nice) act. We reserve the right to reject or redact any comments or posts that violate the spirit, as well as the letter, of our policies. And for good comments? Sometimes we have cookies.
Don’t forget to respect whatever rules your employer might have about communities like this. We want you to participate as much as possible, but not because you got fired and suddenly have a lot of free time on your hands. In fact, we’d prefer it if your employer got really excited about the site and encouraged you to learn and share here. But if they want to get involved by buying ad space, we’re not selling. This site is a community. Communities are about relationships. And we’d prefer not to have to change our relationship status with anyone to “It’s complicated.”
That’s all. Go forth and be open. If you find relevant, helpful ideas here–share them with the world. That’s what Pi Kappa Alpha is all about.
A simple note about the content found on our discussion boards: we retain the rights to any Fraternity-owned intellectual property posted to our discussion boards. Additionally, we are not responsible for any content published to our discussion boards by external parties, including members of our chapters. If you have a question, concern, or any type of grievance, please let us know.
The information provided by Oak Service Corproration (“we,” “us” or “our”) on covid.19.pikes.org (the “Site”) is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
EXTERNAL LINKS DISCLAIMER
The Site may contain (or you may be sent through the Site) links to other websites or content belonging to or originating from third parties or links to websites and features in banners or other advertising. Such external links are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness by us. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OFFERED BY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES LINKED THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE OR FEATURE LINKED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING. WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
This site and its contents are intended to provide the chapter or colony with general information and suggestions for improvement. It is not a directive and is not intended to direct the chapter or colony in any manner. A chapter or colony is not required to use or implement this information or any suggestions. The decision on whether or not to use this information is solely that of the chapter or colony.