The health and safety of our members is of the utmost importance. Please consult the following resources for recommendations related to chapter health and safety. For health and safety resources such a crisis management plan, programming, and general planning, please visit the Resource Center in myPIKE.
The outbreak of COVID-19 can cause feelings of uncertainty and anxiety. These feelings are expected and appropriate, and it is just as important to take care of your mental well-being in times such as this. The following resources and tips may help:
- Always dial 911 in a medical emergency
- View our video on Mental Health 101: You Can’t Wash Your Anxiety Away in 20-seconds
- Consulting the resources below or book Kim Novak
- The PIKE Lifeline
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Mental Health America
- CDC on Mental Health
- Headspace, a meditation app, is providing COVID-19-specific resources through their mobile app.
Additionally, our partners at The Jed Foundation have resources on handling mental health and COVID-19.
Following guidance from the Fraternity’s insurance partner, members should routinely perform environmental cleaning of the PIKE house or lodge. Cleaning procedures may include:
- Cleaning all frequently touched surfaces such as desktops, countertops, stair railings, and doorknobs. Clean at least once every day, preferably twice per day, with a cleaning agent marked as a disinfectant. Please follow the directions found on the bottle for proper application.
- Provide disposable disinfectant wipes in common areas.
- Review CDC posters and post throughout the house.
The Centers for Disease Control and the White House have issued these guidelines regarding group health and safety.
The Fraternity’s insurance partner has released this information on planning and responding to COVID-19.